Solutions Architect - Security and Compliance
ClearScale is a leading cloud system integration company and AWS Premier Consulting Partner providing a wide range of cloud services including cloud consulting, architecture design, migration, automation, application development, and managed services.
We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and startups in verticals like Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Security, Media, and Technology succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with Big Data, Containerization, Serverless Infrastructure, Microservices, IoT, Machine Learning, DevOps and more.
This is a unique opportunity for you to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, work on a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud.
As a Solutions Architect - Cloud Security, you will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects and conduct customer workshops. You will also drive collaboration with customers and partners to address some of the most complex security as well as compliance challenges facing companies today.
AWS Solutions Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead sessions with business and technical experts to deeply understand their needs, solicit and document requirements
- Consult and advise engineers, architects and executives, help define the right choice of technology stack for the solution of business problems
- Create SOWs and/or provide a structured and complete informational background to the engineering team
- Design and articulate major aspects of highly-scalable, reliable, and performant technical software solutions that leverage AWS cloud platform to automate business solutions
- Handle potential trade-offs occurring during the implementation phase, make decisions and suggest the right course of action, establish patterns
- Handle the strategic vision, align roadmaps and requirements. Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives
- Accelerate innovation by detecting high-impact, repeatable solutions for enterprises, iteratively deploying them and representing ClearScale capabilities in AWS Cloud Solutions to customers and the community
- Authorship of technical publications including blog entries, case studies and ebooks
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/scientific field or 5+ years of designing and developing services or applications within an organization
- 5+ years consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their needs or comparable experience working with internal customers in a product company
- 4+ years hands-on experience working with AWS cloud platform with deep knowledge of Infrastructure Security, Security Compliance and Operations a must
- 4+ Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Experience with containerized environments and/or serverless applications, understanding of architecture patterns, area of applicability, restrictions and typical problems
- Experience building fault-tolerant and no-downtime distributed cloud systems
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies
- Comfort with assuming high-profile leadership roles in demanding, highly-visible customer situations
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love being a part of a dynamic and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary; Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to build a leadership career in the fast-growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- 100% distributed workforce - everyone works from home!
- Learning opportunities