Senior Software Engineer (US Remote)
ClearScale is a leading cloud systems integration company and AWS Premier Consulting Partner providing a wide range of cloud services including cloud consulting, architecture design, migration, automation, application development, and managed services.
We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and startups in verticals like Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Security, Media, and Technology succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge AWS cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with Big Data, Containerization, Serverless Infrastructure, Microservices, IoT, Machine Learning, DevOps, and more.
Due to the growing new needs in the company, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Java Frontend experience to participate in application modernizations.
- Design, code, test and deploy internal and customer-facing cloud services in Java
- Write API’s in Clojure
- Enable communication with FIPS endpoints in AWS
- Involved in automation, builds, and deployments using DevOps tools
- Analyze, scope, and estimate tasks, and identify technology stack and tools
- Design and implement the optimal architecture and migration plan
- Communicate with clients on project-related issues and infrastructure needs
- Collaborate with in-house and external development and analytical teams
- Involved in requirements gathering, design, and implementation, building out application components and unit/acceptance tests
- Candidates with 6+ years of experience in an application developer or senior developer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field are preferred
- 3-5 years of Java front-end development/modernization experience
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, Code Deploy, etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing cryptographically secured data in transit streams in accordance with compliance standards such as FIPS 140-2
- Clojure (Good to have)
- Strong knowledge of data integration, integration patterns, strong REST API, GraphQL and microservices understanding
- Be familiar with different methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong self-management and self-organized skills
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
Desired Technical Certifications (not a must)
- Valid AWS certificates would be a great plus
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- 100% distributed workforce - everyone works from home!
- Opportunity to build a leadership career in the fast growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- Learning opportunities