Sr. Software Developer - Node.js (US Remote)
ClearScale is a leading cloud system integration company and AWS Premier Consulting Partner providing a wide range of cloud services including cloud consulting, architecture design, migration, automation, application development, and managed services.
We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and startups in verticals like Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Security, Media, and Technology succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with Big Data, Containerization, Serverless Infrastructure, Microservices, IoT, Machine Learning, DevOps, and more.
ClearScale is looking for an experienced Software Developer with Node.js experience to participate in application modernizations.
- Design, code, test and deploy internal and customer-facing cloud services in Node.js
- Analyze, scope, and estimate tasks, identify technology stack and tools
- Design and implement optimal architecture and migration plan
- Communicate with client on project-related issues and infrastructure needs
- Collaborate with in-house and external development and analytical teams
- 3+ years of experience developing back-end technologies: Node.js
- Strong knowledge of TypeScript
- We run on AWS, so you should have the ability to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure (using Serverless Framework and CloudFormation/Terraform resource notation)
- Basic knowledge/experience of the following AWS Services:
- AWS Kinesis
- AWS Kinesis Streams
- AWS Firehose
- AWS S3
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Step Functions
- AWS EventBridge
- AWS SQS
- AWS SES
- AWS AppSync
- AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Proficiency in both SQL and NoSQL (AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB)
- Strong knowledge of data integration, integration patterns, strong REST API, GraphQL and microservices understanding
- Understanding basic error-handling techniques (recoverable, not-recoverable errors, retries etc)
- Ability to write automated unit, functional and integration tests using Jest or similar testing frameworks
- Strong self-management and self-organizational skills
- Candidates with 6+ years of experience in an application developer or senior developer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field are preferred.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for the best practices on application development
- Valid AWS certificates would be a great plus