Senior AWS DevOps Engineer - Remote
ClearScale is a leading cloud system integration company and AWS Premier Consulting Partner providing a wide range of cloud services including cloud consulting, architecture design, migration, automation, application development, and managed services.
We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and startups in verticals like Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Security, Media, and Technology succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly due to the high demand for the services we provide. Public cloud is one of the fastest-growing markets in the technology industry, with Gartner forecasting a $226 billion market - nearly 20% YoY revenue growth for public cloud services in 2020. With AWS as the recognized leader in the public cloud, our status as one of the select few AWS Premier Consulting Partners positions us for sustained success.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, manage a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud services industry.
Due to business growth, we are looking for new AWS DevOps Engineers who love finding solutions to interesting problems. The systems engineering division has a flat organizational structure where engineers collaborate in project groups. We work 100% remotely from different cities and countries.
- Provide technical leadership and build a DevOps engineering team
- Be responsible for the success of technical project delivery/work product
- Establish effective communication and collaboration with the client and engineers
- Analyze requirements and make/review estimates for the scope of the work
- Create/specify/review architecture designs related to infrastructure and DevOps
- Solve complex problems during project implementation
- Hands-on DevOps coding of deliverables/work product
- Design and implement application-level monitoring and logging
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with infrastructure automation and software delivery using AWS and DevOps practices
- Ability to work with distributed teams to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading the team
- Solid understanding of the common challenges with migrations and modernizations, the ability to choose the right path based on previous experience
- Experience of the full software development life cycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring to development, testing, and delivery
- Expertise with application observability patterns and site reliability practices
- Extensive experience working with large distributed infrastructures
- Experience with AWS cloud platform - EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, ECS/EKS, RDS, Lambda, and others
- Experience with DevOps tools - CloudFormation/Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and others
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Windows, containers, databases, scripting
- Awareness about security standards (PCI DSS, HIPAA)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate / Professional
- AWS Certified SysOps Associate / DevOps Professional
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary! Excellent Medical Benefits!
- Generous Vacation Benefit - Uncapped Time Off!!!
- Opportunity to build a leadership career in the fast-growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- 100% Remote Opportunity - distributed workforce - everyone works from home!
- Learning opportunities