Project Manager, Cloud Services (US Remote)
ClearScale is a leading cloud system integration company and AWS Premier Consulting Partner providing a wide range of cloud services including cloud consulting, architecture design, migration, automation, application development, and managed services.
We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized businesses, and startups in verticals like Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Security, Media, and Technology succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly due to high demand for the services we provide. Public cloud is one of the fastest growing markets in the technology industry, with Gartner forecasting a $226 billion market - nearly 20% YoY revenue growth for public cloud services in 2020. With AWS as the recognized leader in public cloud, our status as one of the select few AWS Premier Consulting Partners positions us for sustained success.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, manage a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud services industry.
ClearScale is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a passion for excellence, who will thrive in leading cutting-edge technology initiatives and wants to truly add value in helping our clients transform their businesses. As a member of our Client Delivery team, Project Managers play a critical role in the delivery of some of the world’s most advanced cloud computing initiatives. This position provides a unique opportunity to actively participate in global project teams helping our clients develop and execute cloud-based solutions.
What you will do:
- Own the planning, budgeting, scheduling, resourcing and leading of high-performance project teams
- Manage the daily interaction with the client
- Work directly with Technical Leadership to ensure project success
- Proactively set and manage client and project team expectations
- Manage projects within quality, time, and cost constraints
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved through a change control process
- Proactively identify project risks and create successful action plans for mitigating risks and resolving realized issues
- Manage sprint planning, backlog and implementation roadmaps in collaboration with the client Project Manager
- Work with client Project Manager to agree deliverable / sprint acceptance criteria
- Facilitate and own staffing decisions
- Create and execute project work plans, prioritizing and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and project demands
- Form strong project team relationships by leading, coaching, and motivating team members and identifying and resolving blockers or conflicts
- Lead progress meetings, reporting on project deliverables, milestones and overall status
- Own project communication plan and act as the ‘hub’ for team communications
- Provide revenue and cost forecasts while controlling project margin
- Work with client to identify and address potential solution blockers or impediments to success
- Maintain focus on the mapping of activities to the SOW to ensure the SOW is being satisfied
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and strengthen relationships
- Manage formal project closure process
What we look for:
- Consulting / Professional Services organization experience
- 5+ years of Project Management / Engagement Management; managing software development or cloud migration projects
- Experienced with Scrum or other Agile frameworks
- Experience with AWS projects preferred
- Experience with project financial analysis and management including revenue, cost, margin and burndown
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills with a natural ability to motivate and collaborate within a team
- Highly organized and motivated team player, with proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while paying close attention to detail
- Results oriented person with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence and other collaboration or project management tools
- Dynamic and hungry for success and professional growth
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary; Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- Opportunity to build a leadership career in the fast growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
- Annual compensation re-evaluation
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning opportunities