Practice Leader - Platform Engineering (US Remote)
At ClearScale we offer end-to-end technology solutions, software engineering, data analytics, and DevOps services, through onsite and remote world-class teams.
This role is for an experienced and motivated technical leader who possesses a unique balance of technical depth, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills.
A successful Practice Leader - Platform Engineering is confident in an entrepreneurial environment and has the ability to build strong client relationships, lead diverse delivery teams, contribute to practice and business development initiatives, actively hire new team members and support the career development of junior members of the team.
Some travel is required - including the possibility of leading onsite engagements as the senior-most client advisor driving day-to-day interactions.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for consultants with:
- 10+ years of consulting experience with the last 3-4 years in a senior-level responsibility
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS, a solid technical understanding of cloud-based enterprise solutions in the practice domain. Understanding should extend to the application of such technologies across the value chain and their interlinkages, with emphasis on the ability to translate business outcomes into technical solutions and options
- Experience in project delivery, demonstrating an understanding of different project management methodologies and frameworks
- Proven experience in engaging with both business and IT leaders in large strategic accounts through the full engagement lifecycle, from presales through delivery handoff
- Demonstrated ability to drive the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, partner management, and thought leadership
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
- Ability to take on new challenges and work outside of one’s comfort zone, showing a passion for personal growth that translates to practice and organizational excellence
- Lead and grow the practice in terms of client relationships, revenue, and operating profit
- Collaborate with company leadership to ensure alignment with corporate culture, define the strategic direction of the practice team, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities to expand offerings and the skills of the team
- Continually contribute to practice-level solutions, identify opportunities for growth and maturation of offerings
- Work closely with other practices to deliver holistic solutions to our customers
- Identify current toolset gaps, drive any new tool identification and implementation plans, establish and grow new partnerships, and own joint sales pursuits with partners
- Drive the recruitment and retention of top-quality consultants (coach them, streamline training, and participate in the performance management process)
- Create and perform ongoing competitor analysis that demonstrates their key strengths and weaknesses in the practice domain, differentiating the practice
- Continuously monitor and analyze technology investment needs for the practice
- In collaboration with marketing and sales, create relevant collateral (offering, case studies) for Account Executives to share with clients to promote services, gain interest and expand service offerings
- Work with business and sales leaders to translate industry knowledge to inform and develop go-to-market strategies and plans to target key accounts (customer initiatives to expand their use of cloud solutions, helping to align and drive business value)
- Work with the sales team throughout the sales cycle, providing pre-sales support and subject matter expertise in the development of sales presentations and overseeing client proposals (work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects)
- Participate and speak at various industry and business events to position ClearScale as the Practice Thought Leader by expressing data, research, and knowledge delivering innovative and sustainable solutions, and actively building and leveraging a professional network and affiliate network (preferred)
- Lead the process to define and implement standard methodologies and approaches to client delivery for the practice (best practices, delivery templates, blueprints)
- Provide continued hands-on assistance to customers and delivery teams in the design, development, and implementation of solutions
- Provide oversight and governance of all sold and managed projects within the practice while demonstrating an executive presence with high-level counterparts (all levels of business and technology leadership internally and at client sites)
- Influence a positive feedback loop with client-level implementations and facilitate client satisfaction surveys (where applicable)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to build a leadership career in the fast growing Cloud industry with an industry leader
- Annual compensation re-evaluation
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning opportunities