Director of Sales (US Remote)
*** Candidate must reside in New York City area ***
The Director of Sales is responsible for building, developing, and leading a high-performance team of Account Executives responsible for sales and business development in their assigned region. We are looking for an entrepreneurial sales leader - someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment where you will be developing and executing sales strategies, mentoring your team through thought leadership, and strategically partnering with groups across the organization.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, retain develop a team of Account Executives to create a new logo pipeline and close new business.
- Demonstrate strong leadership competencies in coaching and supporting the sales team to close new business and generate new pipelines, while maintaining the company’s strong customer experience culture.
- Coordinate complex sales cycles and employ effective team selling strategies to gain budget, priority, and momentum across a range of sponsors and stakeholders, including executives and technical leaders.
- Develop an aggressive sales pipeline to meet forecasted revenue targets.
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales reports showing sales pipeline, potential sales, activities, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Develop long-term, strategic relationships with key contacts within strategic accounts (typically larger accounts and targets; as well as with industry influencers and key strategic partners - AWS).
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Selling professional services for AWS public cloud adoption.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience building and leading front-line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second-line management experience a plus.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Hired, developed, and retained successful sales talent.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Able to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to others verbally and in writing.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills, who is action-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly organized.
- 25%-50% quarterly travel within the region.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDICC methodology is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Generous time off program – no cap
- Great Health Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with match
- Annual compensation re-evaluation
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- Flexible work arrangements – remote-first organization
- Learning opportunities